Continuing the thought from my blog post on Friday: Can you name some reasons why this is a beautiful sight?
“Yes, your majesty.”
“What beautiful locks you have, your majesty.”
I decided to put down as many of my own reasons that I could think of:
- Any basketball hoop is a beautiful sight to a baller
- Any basketball hoop with a net is a beautiful sight to a shooter
- A metal chain net on a hoop is a beautiful sight because a shooter knows it’ll make a certain cha-ching sound when he connects
- Any basketball hoop with a metal net that isn’t mangled or gnarled is a beautiful sight to any Parks & Rec director
- The sun lighting up the backboard against a cloudy sky is a beautiful sight because it looks like a special affect
- Any vintage buff thinks this is a beautiful sight because of the old school look and feel of the hoop, backboard, and net as a whole
- This particular hoop just looks majestic, doesn’t it? To me, all hoops do. I find myself saying, “Yes your majesty … yes your majesty … yes your highness … right away your highness” with each made basket. Gotta acknowledge who’s the boss, right. I think a basketball hoop is like a beautiful feminine queen. She reigns over you. You rain over her.
I can’t think of any more right this second without getting way deep or out of control …