I was invited to be a panelist at the 2nd Annual Princeton University Sports Symposium last week (Friday, December 7). (Download agenda.)
Terry Lefton (left), editor of the Sports Business Journal, moderating
It was an honor to be among such a prestigious group, an amazing collection of sports industry leaders. Like attending an A-list sports networking gala.
Attendees included many students and young professionals, as well as
The panels were held in Robertson Hall, the main lecture facility for Princeton’s Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs.
Among the panelists and speakers, these execs stood out for me personally as people I wanted to meet:
- Brett D. Yormark, President and Chief Executive Officer, Nets Sports & Entertainment
- George Pyne, President, IMG Sports and Entertainment
- Philip de Picciotto, President, Athletes & Personalities, Octagon
- Leon H. Rose, Basketball Division Head, CAA Sports
- Peter Roby, Athletics Director, Northeastern University
- Sandy Barbour, Director of Athletics, University of California, Berkeley
But there were many, many other distinguished presenters.
Kudos to my man Chris Chaney for pulling together such a spectacular event.
If you’re interested in the sports industry, I would highly recommend attending this FREE event that is OPEN to the public next year. Advice: Sign up quick when you hear about it.